Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Thinking About Rain and Chocolate Cake

It can't believe summer is almost over, it's halfway through august and I still haven't had a good run around in the rain. My daily routine forces me to arrive dry to work, the store, etc, and has stopped me from fulfilling one of my oldest summer rituals; getting soaked and laughing in a good summer downpour. I love the "bad weather" and we've had a lot of rainfall this summer, but I guess I am always headed here or there hiding under my oversized umbrella.

I'd better do something about this quick. I hope it rains tonight, or tomorrow morning. Dan and I tend to wake up early on stormy mornings, we lay in bed listening to rain and thunder. I'll have to try to get him to agree ahead of time to join me in my adventure next time (I know he'd never say yes at 5am, he's a sleepy bear).

My mother ran around in the rain with me when I was 13 or so, maybe younger. It was spring and the air was wet with the smell of lilacs and we laughed in our raincoats, we were soaked right through all our layers of clothes. Mom was probably trying to keep us somewhat dry, but I knew that it would be pointless to try, she's a mom though, that's her job.
We stopped at my friend Kelly MacNeilys house to visit her and her mother. I must have waved at greeting of some sort, because water shot out the sleeve of my coat, into the entryway and splashed the two of them.

Those were the days.

Now you're probably wondering what this has to do with chocolate cake? Well, sensual moments are important. Whether it's running around in the rain or eating a piece of cake, I believe it's good to truly enjoy experience and that means, at least for me, connecting my self of this moment with this moment through the senses. You only live once; the past is behind you, the future is only foresight, what matters is you, now and here.
Feel every moment to the fullest.

(oh and question everything, if it's worth living it's worth thinking about)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home