Saturday, August 12, 2006

Honey Cupcakes

Well, it's been a while since I've posted. Mainly because I've been angry with my camera. I took so many great photos of the miniature roosters I made for the last run of cupcakes and somehow the photos were corrupted and I can't move them from camera to computer.

On the plus side the maple chocolate cupcakes were delicious.

Tomorrow I am trying an experiment. I've made some honey pecan cakes, they are a little sturdier than a typical cupcake. They are a buttery buttermilk cake with a generous amount of dark buckwheat honey instead of sugar and a smattering of pecan pieces.

The first icing I made with hazelnut paste, but when I got home tonight I wasn't quite satisfied. It seemed a bit too sweet for this kind of cake, so I experimented and made a batch of light icing with red wine and peanut drizzle. Come try them out tomorrow, Saturday the 13th.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

You didn't tell me you were up to this!

we'll definitly get together....i have to tell you what i'm up to too!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home