Saturday, July 22, 2006

Cupcake Selling Day

The new morning shone silver and overcast. Paulette picked me up well before we would normally go to work. I lugged my bags of tools, pans and ingredients to the car, jumped in and we took off. She paused to look at me as we started to head down the lane,


"You smell like Sugar."

* * *

We aren't morning people, but the cool air pepped us up and I think we were both secretly hoping it would rain. We are those people who can't help but smile when we hear about "Bad weather". Rain, thunder, lightning; we're cheery.

When we pulled into the driveway the sky opened up. The sound poured down around us, it was wonderful.

We chatted while I whipped up the cupcakes. We drank coffees topped with chocolate milk. Paulette is the type of friend and co-worker whos presence reminds you of all the goodness in the world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home