Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dark Chocolate Minneola Cupcakes



















I made these cupcakes to sell on saturday at The Cookhouse. I added a generous amount of coarsely grated minneola zest at the creaming stage of my dark chocolate buttermilk recipe. Adding it while beating the butter helps release the flavours into the batter. I just love trying new citrus and chocolate combinations, I think next time I'll try making an chocolate citrus spice cake. The Frosting was made with chocolate from equador; dark, rich and very fragrant.

Chocolate frosting:


100g of good quality Dark Chocolate
1 cup of Butter
3 1/4 cups of Sugar
1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla

Melt chocolate in a double boiler, or carefully in the microwave. If using the microwave cut the chocolate into small pieces and heat it a little at a time (10 to 20 seconds) checking it and stirring in between. When the chocolate is almost done stir until it is completely melted. Beat in a tablespoon of butter and let it cool until it is still soft but not hot.

Beat in the butter and vanilla, then the sugar a 1/2 cup at a time. Yum.

Psst to my co-workers, sincere thanks for all your help and support. You guys are the best :D


2 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

Awesome!!! I don't know how anyone could resist.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully delicious ! I LOVE Chocolate, especially when it is used in an amazingly creative way, such as this ! :)

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home