Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Dan, Mom and I had a quiet Thanksgiving. Dan and I are vegetarians so we made a spread of different vegetarian dishes, with lots of local produce and root vegetables. We also made a sweet potato pie with pecans and caramel, which I must admit was one of Martha's recipes. Instead of the white sugar in the crust recipe, I added 2 tbsps of brown sugar. I also added a little more cream to the caramel, and a handful of dried cranberries which gave a little colour and a nice tang.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

your dinner looks wonderful - I wish I got a pic of mums Monkey bread, it was gorgeous. What did you stuff your squash with?

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty pics of your Thansgiving.What would we do without the warmth of a candle burning ?! The Pecan Pie looks amazing ! :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, I've always wanted to try making monkey bread. Is it a family tradition for you and your mom? Did she teach you to bake when you were little?
The squash was stuffed with mushrooms, garlic, feta and a little sundried tomato. I love spaghetti squash.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home